With Hurricane watches across the state of Florida, mandatory and voluntary evacuations are underway.
- Broward – voluntary evacuation of mobile homes and low-lying areas beginning at 12 PM on Wednesday; mandatory East of Federal Highway including barrier islands on beginning at 12 PM on Thursday
- Collier – voluntary evacuation of Marco Island beginning Wednesday
- Hendry – voluntary evacuation of low lying areas, non slab-built homes, mobile home and RVs beginning on Thursday
- Miami-Dade – mandatory evacuation of Zones A, barrier Islands in B: Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Islands, Golden Beach, Indian Creek Village, Miami Beach, North Bay Village, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside beginning on Wednesday
- Monroe – mandatory evacuations for visitors beginning on Wednesday 7 AM, mandatory evacuations for residents beginning on Wednesday 7 PM
- Palm Beach – recommended barrier islands beginning on Wednesday after 12 PM
- St. Lucie – voluntary evacuation beginning on Tuesday
If your county is not listed, you can check here for continuous updates.
You can also contact your local emergency management officials for more specific details.
People have already been on the roads since the beginning of the week.
We have live crews in the field reporting that not only are the roads busy, but the gas stations have been lined with vehicles for hours.
— WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) September 7, 2017
Stay with WeatherNation for the latest updates on this extremely dangerous storm.
Reporting, I’m Meteorologist Meredith Garofalo.
ICE STORM WARNINGS have been issued for parts of Wisconsin. We'll have the latest storm info on WeatherNation. Tune… https://t.co/udGOVMOWuf9 minutes ago by WeatherNation
Who wants a winter weather alert? Everybody out West gets an alert! Snow breaking out across for the next few days!… https://t.co/bSqrbz2xm82 hours ago by WeatherNation
A MARGINAL RISK of severe weather can be expected across area of western Texas through the day. This is for mainly… https://t.co/mS0WJLdJXs5 hours ago by WeatherNation
Jackson, WY looked like a Christmas card Sunday morning after several inches of fresh snow fell overnight. Snow cha… https://t.co/Al6NPyAEs85 hours ago by WeatherNation
Pretty cool radar loop from the Pacific Northwest. Rain and snow associated with a powerful low that is spinning on… https://t.co/32R31xmRY66 hours ago by WeatherNation
Flooding across places like Kentucky led to scenes like this. We have a break in the rain today but flooding concer… https://t.co/z3GX38RKnk9 hours ago by WeatherNation
Fresh snow fell in portions of the Northeast overnight! With a big warm up in store...snow will be a distant memory… https://t.co/kQTAeAngSB10 hours ago by WeatherNation
COASTAL FLOODING THREAT - Beaches along the Puget Sound in Washington could have minor flooding Sunday morning...he… https://t.co/yKfIgHbl1o16 hours ago by WeatherNation
NORTHEAST SNOW - Fluffy snow coming down hard in the Big Apple! Some snow totals as of 9PM EST up to 6"+ already in… https://t.co/FbzgHovjLd17 hours ago by WeatherNation
BIRDS-EYE VIEW - Check out this aerial footage of the snow in Pennsylvania, captured on a drone Saturday evening!… https://t.co/PoSlKzwBr118 hours ago by WeatherNation
WIND AND WAVES - Windy and wet weather continues through the end of the weekend for the Pacific Northwest. Coastal… https://t.co/xnWmwflnWz19 hours ago by WeatherNation
FLOODING DOWNTOWN - This was the scene earlier today in Pittsburgh, PA due to heavy rain and the rising of river le… https://t.co/bBw0GIqE3n21 hours ago by WeatherNation