With Hurricane watches across the state of Florida, mandatory and voluntary evacuations are underway.
- Broward – voluntary evacuation of mobile homes and low-lying areas beginning at 12 PM on Wednesday; mandatory East of Federal Highway including barrier islands on beginning at 12 PM on Thursday
- Collier – voluntary evacuation of Marco Island beginning Wednesday
- Hendry – voluntary evacuation of low lying areas, non slab-built homes, mobile home and RVs beginning on Thursday
- Miami-Dade – mandatory evacuation of Zones A, barrier Islands in B: Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Islands, Golden Beach, Indian Creek Village, Miami Beach, North Bay Village, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside beginning on Wednesday
- Monroe – mandatory evacuations for visitors beginning on Wednesday 7 AM, mandatory evacuations for residents beginning on Wednesday 7 PM
- Palm Beach – recommended barrier islands beginning on Wednesday after 12 PM
- St. Lucie – voluntary evacuation beginning on Tuesday
If your county is not listed, you can check here for continuous updates.
You can also contact your local emergency management officials for more specific details.
People have already been on the roads since the beginning of the week.
We have live crews in the field reporting that not only are the roads busy, but the gas stations have been lined with vehicles for hours.
— WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) September 7, 2017
Stay with WeatherNation for the latest updates on this extremely dangerous storm.
Reporting, I’m Meteorologist Meredith Garofalo.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT - This was just one of several tornadoes on the ground on Thursday. See more photos/video her… https://t.co/0ZMAQYcWdR58 minutes ago by WeatherNation
TEXAS FLOODING - This is one way to get around flooded spots! The threat for flooding continues across the southern… https://t.co/yu5UQDbQ8d2 hours ago by WeatherNation
TOP VIDEO OF THE WEEK - Check out this sped up progression of the tornado that moved through Stoddard County, MO on… https://t.co/ozOaM5l6F23 hours ago by WeatherNation
Confirmed tornado: Several people in southeast Missouri saw this tornado earlier in the evening (around 6:20 p.m. T… https://t.co/BwVMQDMWO25 hours ago by WeatherNation
This tornado yesterday in Perry, Iowa has officially been rated an EF-0 with max winds around 80 mph and no injurie… https://t.co/yUiSyxNfaa6 hours ago by WeatherNation
We hope this man is okay after numerous reports of submerged cars in McAllen, TX. This is one of many communities u… https://t.co/BlqxcwurQJ6 hours ago by WeatherNation
There's another area to watch for development in the Eastern Pacific, continuing an active start to the season ther… https://t.co/8hQcLWRfqX7 hours ago by WeatherNation
CAUGHT ON CAMERA - Check out this eerie video of a tornado near Darlington, ID earlier today...watch as at the end… https://t.co/cB1k8Q1MDc8 hours ago by WeatherNation
RT @NWSDesMoines: We surveyed minor tornado damage just west of Perry this morning. Rated EF0 with mainly sporadic tree and crop damage. No…8 hours ago by WeatherNation
EARLIER TODAY - At least one tornado confirmed near Yates City, IL Thursday afternoon...with an continued threat fo… https://t.co/GPH1E0bA859 hours ago by WeatherNation
Feels a bit chilly across the Northeast on this first day of summer! You can thank the "Back Door Cold Front" for t… https://t.co/OLRlU4znGC10 hours ago by WeatherNation