With Hurricane watches across the state of Florida, mandatory and voluntary evacuations are underway.
- Broward – voluntary evacuation of mobile homes and low-lying areas beginning at 12 PM on Wednesday; mandatory East of Federal Highway including barrier islands on beginning at 12 PM on Thursday
- Collier – voluntary evacuation of Marco Island beginning Wednesday
- Hendry – voluntary evacuation of low lying areas, non slab-built homes, mobile home and RVs beginning on Thursday
- Miami-Dade – mandatory evacuation of Zones A, barrier Islands in B: Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Islands, Golden Beach, Indian Creek Village, Miami Beach, North Bay Village, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside beginning on Wednesday
- Monroe – mandatory evacuations for visitors beginning on Wednesday 7 AM, mandatory evacuations for residents beginning on Wednesday 7 PM
- Palm Beach – recommended barrier islands beginning on Wednesday after 12 PM
- St. Lucie – voluntary evacuation beginning on Tuesday
If your county is not listed, you can check here for continuous updates.
You can also contact your local emergency management officials for more specific details.
People have already been on the roads since the beginning of the week.
We have live crews in the field reporting that not only are the roads busy, but the gas stations have been lined with vehicles for hours.
— WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) September 7, 2017
Stay with WeatherNation for the latest updates on this extremely dangerous storm.
Reporting, I’m Meteorologist Meredith Garofalo.
A look back at the Great Appalachian Storm of November 22-30,1950 which produced more than 5 feet of snow in some… https://t.co/2Ct3iRBHVq57 minutes ago by WeatherNation
BLACK FRIDAY FORECAST: Another quiet day across the country!🌞Look for more record highs in the central and southwes… https://t.co/bkynVgu3bi4 hours ago by WeatherNation
🌪️TORNADO IN INDONESIA 🌪️ A scary sight Wednesday evening as a powerful twister damaged hundreds of homes and injur… https://t.co/mM6myXA06Q5 hours ago by WeatherNation
Nearly six inches of rain already fell across parts of Florida! https://t.co/f0ihlxoSzj18 hours ago by WeatherNation
Check out this stunning view from Portland, OR. https://t.co/pZ2scKevNu18 hours ago by WeatherNation
It's all about dressing for the weather! Black Friday Forecast: https://t.co/BMOr8kXKcB20 hours ago by WeatherNation
Throwback weather: a look at weather conditions on the first proclaimed Thanksgiving by President Abraham Lincoln i… https://t.co/yyWx1YAvV623 November by WeatherNation