Continued Flooding Closes Major Interstate
I-10-LA-TX-detour.The Louisiana Department Of Transportation and Development (DOTD) has announced the closure of I-10 at the Sabine River in Louisiana Tuesday, March 15, 2016, near the Texas State Line, will close to traffic at 9 am due to flooding. DOTD will continue to monitor weather conditions and will advise of any changes.
Travelers going through Louisiana should stay on I-20.
• I-10 to I-49 to I-20 (into Texas) to I-10
• I-20 (into Louisiana) to I-49 to I-10
Motorists should follow these safety tips when driving in inclement weather:
• Obey barricades and high-water signs.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.