HAMrad II in Beta Testing
Expanding on the great success of our HAMrad I service, we have been busily working to create our upcoming HAMrad II service which is now in live beta testing.
Some of the great new features of HAMrad II include:
- Greatly improved precipitation type maps.
- Higher resolutions providing for improved quality and details. The following sample image shows how closely related the topographical base map is with the actual precipitation type (rain in the lowlands versus snow in the higher elevations).
- Now more than 170 views with the addition of over 120 local views. Click through directly to many of the local views by hovering over the Continental US map and selecting the highlighted areas.
- Optional topographical or flat base maps.
- New radar imagery, including composite reflectivity, 1-hour precipitation totals, storm precipitation totals, vertically integrated liquid and echo tops.
- Animation options of 2, 6, 12 and 24 hours.
- Standard sizes now include 800×600.
As always, and especially during our beta period, we welcome comments and suggestions. No official go-live date has been set but will be determined by the beta testing period.