HW3Cacher Script 1.4.2 released for HW3php
In the continuing effort to improve upon the capabilities of the HW3cacher, we have released HW3cache 1.4.2.
The main goal of this update is to improve the resource handling and bandwidth usage. The script now supports returning a 304 Not Modified header to browsers that request the same page/data multiple times before the cache has expired. This lowers total resource usage and on high volume sites can greatly lower total bandwidth consumption.
Some of the changes included in the new version include:
- Improved mime type handling
- Improved handling of “mod_rewites” within the user rules.
- Added support for improved cache control and ETAG headers for “if not modified since/#)$ not modified”.
- New HWCheaders array in the script allows additional custom headers to be added as needed.
- several other bugfixes and improvement tweaks.
Downloads Via Plugins Area: http://support.hamweather.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=169