Mandatory and Voluntary Evacuations in Florida
With Hurricane watches across the state of Florida, mandatory and voluntary evacuations are underway.
- Broward – voluntary evacuation of mobile homes and low-lying areas beginning at 12 PM on Wednesday; mandatory East of Federal Highway including barrier islands on beginning at 12 PM on Thursday
- Collier – voluntary evacuation of Marco Island beginning Wednesday
- Hendry – voluntary evacuation of low lying areas, non slab-built homes, mobile home and RVs beginning on Thursday
- Miami-Dade – mandatory evacuation of Zones A, barrier Islands in B: Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Islands, Golden Beach, Indian Creek Village, Miami Beach, North Bay Village, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside beginning on Wednesday
- Monroe – mandatory evacuations for visitors beginning on Wednesday 7 AM, mandatory evacuations for residents beginning on Wednesday 7 PM
- Palm Beach – recommended barrier islands beginning on Wednesday after 12 PM
- St. Lucie – voluntary evacuation beginning on Tuesday
If your county is not listed, you can check here for continuous updates.
You can also contact your local emergency management officials for more specific details.
People have already been on the roads since the beginning of the week.
We have live crews in the field reporting that not only are the roads busy, but the gas stations have been lined with vehicles for hours.
— WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) September 7, 2017
Stay with WeatherNation for the latest updates on this extremely dangerous storm.
Reporting, I’m Meteorologist Meredith Garofalo.