You will be responsible for helping to manage WeatherNation, a 24-hour national weather network. Duties include working with Producers and Meteorologists to elevate daily procedures, content and storytelling. Ideal candidates will be self-starters who have experience producing newscasts, writing, editing and producing segments. Degree required, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities would include:
· Manage, mentor and train producers on developing, writing and organizing daily content and special projects.
· Take lead on shifts working with your team on work flow.
· Ability to produce on-air shows.
· Help create a standardized training program for new producers who are new hires at WeatherNation.
· Develop better communication strategy between on-air meteorologists, producers and technical directors.
· Standardize and streamline how video, stories and other outside content is ingested into computer systems and put on the air.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field and news leadership experience
· 3+ years of content experience, including generation of original content
· Solid journalistic and content judgement that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement
· Strong communication and conflict management skills
· Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
· Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
· Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing
Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000
Full medical, dental and vision benefits
Retirement savings plan with company match
Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program
Sick leave and PHE benefits under the Colorado HFWA