Managing Executive Producer
Job Description: WeatherNation TV is looking for a true leader. A deep understanding of meteorology, science, and the atmosphere is essential for this role, as well as understanding of television and news production. This position ensures coverage of weather events is meteorologically accurate, informative, and engaging; including content curation, visual and written storytelling etc. Candidate must possess excellent people skills and the ability to lead a seasoned team of production personnel. This is a management position requiring creative time management and the ability to make decisions that affect all aspects of the station’s production and studio operations.
Responsibilities would include:
· Manage, mentor and train all producers on developing, writing and organizing weather stories for daily content and special projects
· Create new standards for daily show production, segments and stories to improve and streamline producer responsibilities
· Work with on-air meteorologists to develop new content and how to use available technologies to tell weather stories that will be more compelling to the audience.
· Conceptualize and create new content for on-air and social media platforms.
· Develop better communication strategy between on-air meteorologists, producers and technical directors.
· Standardize and streamline how video, stories and other outside content is ingested into computer systems and put on the air.
Oversees, provides logistical support, and final approval of all special projects for broadcasts and digital platforms (packages, live shots, etc…)
· Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, journalism, communications or related field and news leadership experience
· 5+ years of content experience, including generation of original content
· Solid journalistic and content judgement that emphasizes accurate and unique forecasting.
· Excellent people management skills
· Strong communication and conflict management skills
· Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
· Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
· Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing
Salary Range: $60,000 – $90,000