Job Description: WeatherNation TV is looking for a true leader with significant experience in all aspects of television and news production including studio operations, set design/blocking, content curation, visual and written storytelling etc. Candidate must possess excellent people skills and the ability to lead a seasoned team of production personnel. This is a management position requiring creative time management and the ability to make decisions that affect all aspects of the station’s production and studio operations.
Responsibilities would include:
· Manage, mentor and train all producers on developing, writing and organizing scripts for daily content and special projects
· Create new standards for daily show production, segments and stories.
· Work with on-air meteorologists to develop new content and how to use available technologies to tell weather stories that will be more compelling to the audience.
· Create a standardized training program for new producers who are new hires at Weather Nation.
· Conceptualize and create new content for on air and social media platforms.
· Develop better communication strategy between on-air meteorologist, producers and technical directors.
· Standardize and streamline how video, stories and other outside content is ingested into computer systems and put on the air.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field and news leadership experience
· 5+ years of content experience, including generation of original content
· Solid journalistic and content judgement that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement
· Excellent people management skills
· Strong communication and conflict management skills
· Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
· Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
· Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing,
Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000