Social/Digital Media Manager
WeatherNation TV seeks a full-time Social & Digital Manager.
A strong interest/background in meteorology is preferred.
Position requires a flexible schedule which may include weekends or early morning shifts. Must have the ability to work assisted and unassisted as necessary in a deadline driven environment.
- Streamline and maximize outgoing content on WeatherNation social media, YouTube, website
- Develop and maintain social media strategy
- Train and routinely educate employees on social media best practices
- Effectively cross-promote content on all social media, linear, and digital tv platforms
- Manage and maintain original video material on digital platforms (Roku, AppleTV, etc)
- Oversee website content, including story accuracy/updates
- Source for incoming visual content for use on social and broadcasts
- Manage passwords and employee login access to all
- Develop creative original content for use on social and digital channels
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms. Knowledgeable about changing landscape/best use of each platform
- Excellent news/weather judgement on what WeatherNation users want
- Competency in website and social media platform management
- Thrives in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere preferred, not required
- Knowledge of meteorology and weather related news stories