We continue to follow the ongoing winter storm crossing several states from Montana to Michigan. Here are the impacts, the timing, total snowfall amounts, and much more!
Meteorologist Steve Glazier breaks down city-by-city details on the video forecast below. Note if you're location is not mentioned, take a look about 2:30 into the video where a wider view of the winter storm is shown.
- Winter weather alerts are in effect for many states through midday to late Friday, February 9
- The biggest hazard will be heavy snowfall rates and icy surfaces
- Heaviest snow accumulations will occur in the Winter Storm Warning area
- Total snow accumulations may reach up to 14 inches in spots
- Heavy snow rates of 1-2" of snow per hour will be possible between midnight and noon Friday in some areas
- Another batch of lighter snow will fall late Friday night through Saturday night across the Central U.S.
- Temperatures will fall to -10 to +10 degrees behind the snow event, so surfaces will remain slick
Stay with us for the very latest here at WeatherNation
via our website, Facebook
, and Twitter
, Meteorologist Steve Glazier