Take a look at which videos made the list of WeatherNation’s Top 5 Videos of the Week for June 23 - 29, 2019. Meteorologist Karissa Klos has all the wild weather details.
- This absolutely jaw dropping video captures the moment an EF-1 tornado passes by a group of boaters in Gilbertsville, Kentucky. Amazingly, the entire resort remains open despite damage to the docks.
- Damaging hail pounded parts of the Lone Star State. If you think these hailstones were huge, others near Lubbock were measured up to baseball-size and teacup-size. As the old saying goes, "Everything's bigger in Texas!"
- Wildfires continue to scorch parts of the western United States, including in central California where the Rock Fire burned more than two thousand acres in just a few days. Thanks to hardworking fire crews, this fire is fully contained. Unfortunately, more than 40 other fires continue to burn across the country.
- Independence Day is just a few days away, and it seems Mother Nature is ready....showing off what looks like a spaceship (hint: think 1996 movie
) moving into Loretto, Minnesota. A shelf cloud is a somewhat common cloud formation preceding a thunderstorm. Shelf clouds are often accompanied by gusty outflow winds ahead of the storm.
- It's the moment you've been waiting for....the TOP video of the week! An impressive lightning crawler creeps across the sky at sunset, moving from cloud to cloud. While beautiful to watch, always remember, "When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors." If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike.
Do you think you can top these Top 5? Give it a try! Share your best weather video with us on social media. Find WeatherNation on Facebook
, or Twitter
. (Read WeatherNation Terms of Service