What a wild week of weather! We’ve received hundreds of weather-related videos throughout the week and now it’s time to narrow them down to the best of the best: The Top Five!
Here’s a look at the top 5 videos of the week for August 4-10, 2019:
Our top five videos of the week capture both the power and beauty of Mother Nature.
- A brief but fierce tornado tore its way through a port in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. While you may not think they occur that much in Europe, this continent averages several hundred twisters a year.
- Closer to home, heavy rain created this mess in Little Cottonwood Canyon in Utah. Flash flooding closed this part of the highway, and shows the right thing to do when you approach moving water and mud while driving!
- Large hail batters Watertown, MN. In this severe thunderstorm, Some of the biggest stones were larger than the size of golf balls!
- Those living along the “Space Coast” in Florida were treated to this beautiful sight at sunrise! An Atlas Five rocket carrying a military communications satellite soared into the sky putting on this spectacular show.
- And finally, an absolutely “striking” sunset was caught on camera at the perfect time! Watch as multiple lightning bolts illuminate New York City, a place that had several severe weather days this past week.
Think you can top these top five? Be sure to send us your best weather videos! Find us on social media to share.
For WeatherNation, Meteorologist Steve Glazier