WeatherNation Meteorologists Discuss Next Winter Storms
In case you missed it on our social media pages, Meteorologists Nick Merianos and Steve Glazier hosted a live weather discussion about the incoming winter storms.
Live discussion about snow and ice for parts of the East this weekend with Nick Merianos & Meteorologist Steve Glazier
Posted by WeatherNation on Saturday, February 3, 2018
Here are some of the highlights from the weather discussion:
- A winter weather advisory is in effect for much of the Appalachian Mountain range from Sunday morning to Sunday night.
- A winter weather advisory is in effect for the Great Lakes region until midday Sunday.
- Snowfall will be heaviest in parts of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, and northern New England.
- Total snowfall for most areas will range from 2 to 4 inches, however isolated amounts up to 8 inches will be possible.
- Freezing rain and sleet will be possible in parts of Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia Sunday morning.
- Ice amounts from freezing rain may reach up to one-tenth of an inch.
- Winds will range from 10-20 miles per hour as the system moves by, except the Great Lakes may gust up to 35 mph.
- The storm will exit by Monday morning, leaving very cold temperatures behind.
For WeatherNation, Meteorologist Steve Glazier