Hurricane Preparedness Week: Frequency of Hurricanes
29 May 2018 9:51 AM
Its WeatherNation's Hurricane Prep Week. Here are some helpful facts about hurricane season.
Hurricane Season in the Northern Hemisphere's Atlantic Basin
- Officially starts June 1st and ends November 30th every year
- Peaks near September 10th
- Historically has most activity between August and October
- At peak has had on average 90 storms and more than 50 hurricanes in the last 100 years
* Storms and Hurricane can also occur out of season
Tune in to WeatherNaytion all this week for information on hurricanes and tropical systems as the official start of hurricane season quickly approaches.
For WeatherNation, I am Meteorologist Marcus Walter.