There are days when things go well – just as there are days when things don’t flow as smoothly. Today seems to to find me in the category of the latter. Being as it was my day to blog, I decided to end my shift with a blog filled with fun weather facts that you might take with you to make your day a little brighter… and maybe my day a little brighter too.
Did you know…
1) 9 out of 10 lightning strike victims survive!
2) Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!
3) Contrary to popular belief, lightning travels from the ground upwards not from the sky downwards.
4) Lightning is 5 times hotter then the surface of the sun.
5) Dirty snow melts faster than clean.
6) Rain contains vitamin B12.
7) The speed of a typical raindrop is 17 miles per hour.
8) In ten minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined!
9) You can use pine cones to forecast the weather: The scales will close when rain is on the way.
Pine cone anyone?
Laura Huckabee / Meteorologist